The first night we spent at a bed and breakfast in Bothell. It was nice, quiet, and very quaint. Our room was cute but small. We played a get to know you game (given to me by my "boss" Kristine at my bridal shower), had a nice shower, enjoyed the very nice bathrobes, and read letters to each other that we had written instead of doing vows at the wedding. It was a perfect first night of being married.
The next morning, we enjoyed a good breakfast and were eager to get on the road and get out of rainy, cold western Washington!
We arrived in Wenatchee and had some lunch at Sonic, where I got to enjoy my favorite--chili cheese tater tots. We were happy to see the sunshine and to feel some warmer weather. We weren't in a hurry to check into our bed and breakfast in Cashmere, so we went to the small and pretty ghetto mall to do a little shopping and get pedicures.
We absolutely loved our B&B in Cashmere (located halfway between Leavenworth and Wenatchee. If you're ever in the area, we highly recommend you stay there! It's amazing). The owners were very nice and helpful, and the view was breathtaking. There was a little hiking trail around the back of the house, which we used the next morning. We went into Leavenworth for dinner and ate at an Italian restaurant. Unfortunately the food was not very good. We got some chocolate afterwards to make up for the crappy dinner, and walked around, looking in a bunch of the tourist shops.
Then it started...in the middle of the night, Jason got very sick. We assumed it was food poisoning, until we spoke to his family and found out they all had the same thing. Poor Jason couldn't eat the delicious breakfast that was prepared for us the next morning. He had to stick to plain toast while I ate a yogurt parfait, a delicious quiche and an amazing pear muffin (and I don't even like pears!). I felt so bad enjoying the food while he sat there with his sad little piece of toast.
There was one other couple staying there, another newlywed couple. The girl was from Seattle and the guy was from Australia. He reminded us of our friend TJ, only with a sweet accent. They were very nice, and offered to say a prayer for us and our marriage (he worked for a church). That was the second time someone random offered to pray for us. While we were taking engagement pictures at Tumwater Falls park, a young boy said he was doing a prayer walk and asked if he could pray for us. So random, but sweet!
Jason had stopped throwing up by the time we left, but was still feeling very sick so I made the drive to McCall, Idaho. I did have to pull over once for him to throw up. It was so sad watching my poor, sick husband on the side of the freeway. I kept crossing my fingers that I didn't get whatever bug he had!
Jason's grandparents had very generously offered us their timeshare in McCall, at Lake Payette. Neither of us had been there before, but it was awesome! A very cute resort town. It was hard to enjoy it though, while Jason was so miserable. I had to go and get dinner by myself.
The next morning, Jason still wasn't feeling well but we went out to the pool and relaxed. We also splurged and got a couples massage, because we discovered even though my car is a "luxury car," it is not comfortable for more than half an hour or so. Our backs were killing us, so we decided a massage would be worth it. I'm always up for one and Jason had never had a professional one before.
On the 4th of July, we tried to find the parade in town, but failed, so we just walked around the lake. Sadly, Jason was still sick. We went back to our condo to eat, and had planned on going to the pool again after lunch. That's when my leftover quesadilla that I had eaten for lunch decided to make an appearance. I told Jason I wasn't feeling well, but at the time I really didn't think I had what he had. That was, until I started throwing up regularly. Every twenty minutes to a half hour for the next 9 or 10 hours to be exact. NOT FUN! Jason had only thrown up a few times, but after talking to his family, we learned that everyone was affected by this nasty bug in different ways. So we spent our 4th of July extremely sick, on the couch, watching soccer, Big Bang Theory, and Friends. We didn't even get to see any fireworks--Jason heard them, and I was sleeping.
The next day we drove to Idaho Falls. I was still feeling very nauseous, but thankfully I had stopped throwing up. We stopped for food and shopping in Twin Falls, and ate at Chili's. It was the first "real" food we had in awhile, and my stomach had shrunken so much that I could only eat about 5 bites of my pasta before I was full.
We were staying at a "destination inn" in Idaho Falls, where we got to choose different location themed rooms. We chose Hawaii of course, because if we can't afford to go there, it's the next best thing right? The room was really cool, and came with a big projection screen and massage table. They gave us cheesecake and sparkling apple cider when we got there. We drank the cider, but were both still feeling really sick so the cheesecake would have to wait :(
We took a bath in the tub, and considered using the massage table, but it is just hard to find the motivation to do anything when you're that sick. It was really sad being so sick on our honeymoon. We didn't even want to touch each other because we felt so miserable. We need a re-do, because we were sick most of our honeymoon! Anyways, we had a mellow night there and then headed to his family reunion the next day, and that concludes our wonderful (except not) honeymoon.



























It sucks.you guys were so sick!! We're just staying ina b&b in Victoria and the Black Swann Inn in Poky... I'm thinking its better than going somewhere we would feel like we had to get.out.of the hotel room a bunch for ;) so I think we're going to go to Hawaii next year as a second big honeymoon after we've been married a while! Haha. I hope you guys didn't stay.sick.too long!!! I love and miss your faces!!!
ReplyDelete