Pages

▼

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Story of Us

This is the story of Elise and Jason.

Everyone's favorite question to ask: How did you two meet?

The short answer is that we met in the single's branch. However, that answer won't fly with most people. If you want more details than that, here you go...


I really have no clue what month we met, but it was some time early last year. We met at church or an activity (don't even remember), and got to know each other through playing volleyball. It didn't take long to realize that we got along really well, so we started hanging out a lot (just as friends).

Celebrating Maddy's birthday at Old School Pizza
with our good friend David.

Through the last year we did lots of things together and hung out all the time. He became my best friend, someone I could tell anything to and someone that I genuinely loved being around. We never got sick of each other, and wanted to hang out every day.

Hiking around at Lake Cushman area


Our mutual friends started questioning our relationship. To everyone else, we weren't "just friends." Even when he and I were both dating other people, our friends were unconvinced that there was nothing going on between us. Once I started to realize I might have feelings for him, I quickly pushed them aside and convinced myself that it was just because we were spending so much time together, but there's no way that I really had feelings for him. After all, I liked someone else and didn't think it was possible to like two people at once.

Night hike at Mt. Elinor with Adam

The more our friends talked to me about it, the more I couldn't get him out of my head. Was there really a possibility for us to be more than friends? I felt guilty for even considering it, knowing we were both involved with other people.

More time went by, Jason and I got even closer, and I couldn't deny it anymore. I had been lying to my friends and lying to myself about how I felt about him. But (the million dollar question!) did he feel the same?

At the zoo with Eliza...still just friends, I promise! ;)

In the beginning of February I was planning a trip to Utah to visit family, and see the guy I was kind of dating. A few days before I left, Jason and I had a talk. I hadn't wanted to say anything to him until I came back from Utah and knew where I stood with everything. Apparently, he wanted to wait until I came back to talk to me as well, but things just have a way of coming up. We ended up admitting to each other how we felt, and luckily we felt the same way! He immediately ended his relationship, and I went to Utah to get some closure with the guy I had been seeing.

We started dating, and it didn't take long for things to fall into place. We realized that everyone had been right all along about us. The thing is, we honestly didn't even know that we felt that way about each other until a little bit before we talked. We had been falling in love with each other without even realizing it.

He liked it so he put a ring on it!

Now we are getting married on June 30th of this year, and we absolutely couldn't be any happier!! :) I'm so excited to marry my best friend. He is the most amazing guy I know, and makes me feel like the most special girl in the world. I love every single second we spend together, and look forward to spending eternity with the "boy" (inside joke) of my dreams!

Some of my favorite engagement pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Well shoot, I thought that, kinda sappy 'we didnt know" stuff only happened on TV. But come to think of it, If you are friends befor you date... your other friends always see it first.

    ReplyDelete