Pages

▼

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I have a lot of catching up to do...

I have not blogged since our honeymoon. We have been married five and a half months. I guess I've got some catching up to do!

First and most importantly, just a few short weeks after becoming husband and wife, we moved to Las Vegas. Jason was to stay in Washington to work a few more weeks and earn us some money while I went down by myself to get us moved in and started looking for a job. Jason's sister and brother in law, Sheena and Roger, were kind enough to let us stay at their house until we got settled in Vegas. After an extremely long, grueling drive by myself (I broke my drive up into two days and spent a night in Sacramento) I finally arrived at my new home. Our plan was for Jason to drive to Utah and meet me at my grandma's house for her 70th birthday party a few weeks after I moved, and then we would head back to Las Vegas together. Well as you can imagine, it was extremely difficult being apart from each other for that long. It didn't help that we were newlyweds. We missed each other so much that after five days apart, we ended up buying Jason a cheap flight out to Vegas and we went up to Utah together.

It was so great seeing all my mom's side of the family and spending time with everyone. We also celebrated Maleah, Darsie, and my birthdays. Yay for July birthdays! Highlights from the trip include boating on the lake, Seven Peaks (a water park), and teaching baby Landon how to wave.

Out on the lake

So much fun! I even did a backflip off the tube...not intentionally.
I also lost those sunglasses when Becky pushed me in :(

The crazy Vella family

I told you we're crazy...

After all our fun in Utah, Jason had to fly back to WA to pick up his motorcycle and drive it back. My poor husband. That drive was horrible in a car, and he had to do it on a motorcycle, with no music (the headphone jack on his phone was broken), no one to talk to, and with no air conditioning. He stopped at his cousins' house in Sacramento and slept for a few hours, but pretty much did the 20+ hour drive straight through. It was a complicated journey, getting us both to Vegas but we did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment