I haven't been blogging because I felt like I had nothing to write about...but I always think that, and then end up writing a novel.
First of all, our wedding plans are finally coming together thanks to Eliza Fowler! She moved back from Utah for awhile and took over planning my wedding (in addition to the several other weddings she is planning) and it has taken away so much stress! I can't even express how grateful I am for her! She introduced me to a lady (Katie) from her home ward who helps out with weddings, and we spent a few hours with her a couple weeks ago. Between Katie, Eliza, and my friend Jasmine, my wedding plans are almost 100% complete and I am so relieved! They all have had great ideas and I'm so glad I finally have some help.
Our friends Grant and Stephanie got married on Saturday, and we were able to attend their reception. Their wedding is the first of about 10 from the single's branch that will be happening over the next few months...it is definitely wedding season! Being at Grant and Stephanie's reception made me realize that in just 2 short months I am going to be at MY OWN reception...crazy!! After their reception we went out to Red Robin with a bunch of friends. Here are some pictures from that, and from car decorating at the reception.
Thanks to my mom, our announcements are made and will be sent out soon. We have chosen (for several reasons) to send them out through e-mail. It is just a lot easier that way, and if anyone wants to actually have a copy of it they can simply print it off.
My mom is also making my wedding dress. I was having a hard time finding one that I wanted, and also having trouble finding the time to go out shopping for them. My mom had offered to make my dress from the beginning and I said no, but I gave in :) She is using material from Michelle's wedding dress, and going off of pictures of dresses that I like. Hopefully it turns out how I want it! So far, so good.
Jason and I are still planning on moving to Las Vegas, but we may end up moving in July instead of September. We're working on figuring that out. We also have to figure out school, financial aid, and jobs. In addition to our wedding and the move itself. Fun!
A few weeks ago Jason bought a dirt bike for cheap from a man on Craigslist. He's fixing it up, we'll get to enjoy it all summer and then we will sell it before we move. We are also in the process of trying to sell my Hyundai. If anyone wants it, let me know! :)
Hopefully by this weekend I will have my engagement ring!! :) The one I've been wearing we borrowed from Lance and Karissa (Jason's brother and sister-in-law), and although it is pretty and I'm glad they let us borrow it, I can't wait to have my own ring! It is one of the first rings we looked at when we first went ring shopping, and every ring we looked at after that just didn't compare. Luckily I happened to find out that that ring was going to be on sale for one day only, last Saturday, and we were able to get it! This is a picture of it (sorry it's small and kind of blurry), mine will be a little different though. There will be two rubies (my birthstone) on each side, replacing the diamonds. Jason's idea! I'm so glad he thought of it.
I'm getting really excited for all my friends and family who are coming from out of town or out of state for the wedding. I'm also really looking forward to Jason's family reunion in Idaho that will be shortly after the wedding. Mostly, I'm just excited to be married to the most wonderful man I know!






No comments:
Post a Comment